Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Call

And so I called Mr Orson Mozes with an excitement much like that of a woman waiting anxiously to see that line in the well turning positive. As I inquired about precious baby 749 and Orson began his speech he portrayed convincing confidence about how he could help us. Each question I asked was answered with an explanation that was both logical and believable.
So how does this all work Orson? The process is as follows. I send you our packet of information and agency contract. You sign on with us, return the contract and begin the collection of the required documents to build your dossier. This can be a lengthy process depending on many things both here in the USA and in Kazakhstan. After all the documents are collected and apostilled, we have your dossier translated and then submit it to the Ministries in Kazakhstan and wait for an LOI.
OK and about how long does this all take? The time varies. Our best estimates are 6-9 months before you travel.
Orson I have been watching baby 749 for almost 5 days, why is she still available? His reply went something like "I cant explain that Ann, we are also surprised she is still available."
Orson we would really like to adopt baby 749. Is that possible being we haven't even started the document collection yet.
Yes Ann it is possible. I can hold this child for you, after you pay our agency fee in full and accept baby 749 as your referral.
Orson how is that possible?
Ann I have a relationship with the Director of the Baby House and I have been doing adoptions there for 15 years. Baby 749 is my child so she will be held for my client.
Orson is this all legal? Absolutely Ann.
Our knowledge of International Adoption was based on what I read on the Internet and our discussions with the Newman's in Florida. From all that I had read, Orson sounded precise,professional and convincing.
Orson so what exactly do we have to do right now to adopt baby 749?
Each question I asked seemed to make the process of international adoption cold and businesslike. The excitement and mystery of a biological pregnancy obviously absent.
Ann in order for me to hold this child you first have to open a fed ex account in order to send your payment and signed contracts. We in turn will send out our embassy packet which will walk you though each document and how to obtain them. After you sign the contracts and place a certified check for the agency and application fee in a fed ex envelope and email me the tracking number, I will, with in 15 minutes remove baby 749 from the Internet photo listing and hold her for you.
So then that means she is ours. Yes she will be yours. The only circumstance that could possible happen after that would be if her biological mother came back to claim her. Then she would have the right to have her child back if her rights weren't already relinquished by the court. Also a family member could claim her and lastly if a native Kazakh citizen wanted to adopt her they have the first choice of available children. The circumstances I just described rarely occur. Mostly once a child enters the orphanage this is where they grow up unless they are adopted.
This is how adoptions are done in Kazakhstan.
OK so now tell me how much are the fee's. Well for baby 749 who is an infant just 6 months old, our total agency fee is 12,850.00. This includes the application fee.
So let me be clear on this. If we send you this fee and sign a contact with you baby 749 will be ours barring any of the above circumstance you mentioned.
His reply "absolutely". Orson what if the above does happen? Then what?
We find you another child similar to baby 749.
Orson I hope you don't take offense, I would like to speak to some of your former clients. Can you provide references?
Yes I can provide references. You can also read success stories on my web sight.
Orson I already did that, now I want to talk to clients.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: