Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Torture and more tears..

It was torture waiting to received word from Amy that her adoption was complete and she was home in the USA. During this time I had looked again and again at the photo listings Orson Mozes/AIP had posted online and it was there I saw baby 1011 for the first time.

 
Posted by Picasa



Something about this baby girl spoke to my heart. Even knowing then what I had learned about referrals, photo listings and Orson Mozes, I had such a strong premonition that this baby was to be our daughter. April the 6th, her birthday had a significance for me. In my heart I just knew she would be ours. The 6th of April is my own Mother's birthday.

Waiting to confront Orson had been torture because with each passing day baby 1011 could be adopted by someone else. I had such a feeling of urgency yet also great inner peace. Maybe I was just emotionally spent....

When I finally contacted Orson Mozes with the information I had, I knew I must choose my words wisely because like before, I wanted to keep Orson committed to wanting to help us. I, in no way wanted anger to be Orson's way out. So with scripted words I revealed what I had yet again found out. Our second referral had also been adopted. Orson played the "how do you know this" card. I explained to Orson it didnt matter how I knew, what was important was, that I knew. Orson Mozes then asked me for proof. When I sent the picture of our second referral in the arms of her newly adoptive parents, I also requested baby 1011 be removed from the photo listing.
Orson's response was just like the first excuse, a dramatic hint of surprise (for effect) in his voice over these new devlopments and then a promise to "hold" baby 1011.

Like I really would believe him after strike two.

I thanked him yet again, hung up the phone and cried.

No comments: