Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Civil Law Suit Update/Criminal Case Update

As promised this is an up date on the progress to bring AIP, Orson Mozes, Christen Brown and Kevin Anderson to justice.
With regards to the civil suit both Christen Brown and Kevin Anderson have been served. Orson is still amongst the missing right now. Below is Joni Fixel's web page

ADOPTION INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM LITIGATION

Current Status

On January 10, 2008. a lawsuit was filed on behalf of 14 families who were victims of fraudulent adoptions by Adoption International Program, its directors and management. The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

Allegations include breach of contract, fraud, violations of the RICO Act and various other Federal and State laws. The families have been victimized by the predatory behavior of this agency and its directors.

WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?

When the Defendants have been served the Summons and Complaint, the court will order a scheduling conference. A scheduling conference allows the parties involved in a lawsuit the ability to map out a timeline for discovery of evidence to either prove or disprove the allegations in the lawsuit.

3/20/08

AIP as a corporation and Christen Brown were officially served with the lawsuit today. Kevin Anderson has previously been served. Orson Mozes is still considered "missing".
How can I join the lawsuit?

Our office is now receiving information from interested parties who wish to join the lawsuit. If interested a note can be sent through this website by filling out the questionnaire or sending an e-mail to Joni Fixel at jfixel@fixellawoffices.com .






Below is an update from the senior investigator in the DA's office in Santa Barbara that was posted on the Stop Orson Mozes Yahoo Board http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StopOrsonMozesAIP/members . If anyone reading this blog has any questions please feel to email me, contact Joni Fixel the attorney for the civil suit or Laura Cleaves the Senior Investigator in the Santa Barbara's DA's office.

RE: [StopOrsonMozesAIP] Re: lawsuit


Hello All,

Kathy-you are listed as a victim in my report, along with 61 other victims (each couple and each single parent counts as a victim for our investigation). The Chief Assistant DA has approved my report and the legal secretaries are preparing the 62 felony criminal charges as I type this email! As well as copying my binders with the thousands of pages of evidence that all the victims provided in the form of questionnaires, emails & photos from Orson, contracts, etc. (Those of you who provided these items at the risk of opening old wounds and heartaches-I can't thank you enough!) I believe, and the Chief ADA agreed, that we have a very compelling case!! The D.A.'s office is filing 62 counts of section 532 of the California Penal Codes (Theft by False Pretenses).

I prepared the affidavit in support of an arrest warrant this morning and I am asking the judge for $1 million dollars bail, I should have the arrest warrant shortly. I have begun looking for Orson with the assistance of the Sheriff's Dept and I will be contacting the FBI today or tomorrow to see if they will assist in what is known as a "UFAP" warrant. (Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution), it has to be issued by the US Attorney and is simply an additional tool in arresting persons that we believe to be outside the country.

So now the hunt will begin, I have some thoughts on what countries he may be in, and quite frankly he may still be in the US, I am of course open to any information any of you may have about his whereabouts...I think as "unique" a character as Orson is, he will have difficulty in hiding out for very long......

Also, I still would love to get information from any additional victims of Orson, if you have not provided info to me previously or if you know any other Mozes/AIP victims that you can convince to come forward.....Just last week I had an email back from a victim I had sent several emails to but had never received info from. He finally wrote saying he had not responded before because he did not take my letters/investigation seriously and had written off ever getting his money back or seeing Orson brought to justice. When he read my last update, this victim realized that I was serious about my investigation and bringing Orson in to face criminal charges. So the victim became number 62 to provide his info and evidence.

I am serious, this investigation/case is serious, The D.A.'s office is serious...Orson Mozes will be a wanted fugitive facing 62 felonies by week's end.

Laura J. Cleaves
Supervising District Attorney Investigator
805-737-7885

As I continue to re tell our adoption experience in its entirety, you will learn from my perspective why we felt compelled to join with the above victims to stop the unethical and illegal practices of AIP and Orson Mozes. While we did successfully complete an adoption of a wonderful daughter we could not have a "an ends justifies the means attitude". We wanted to be a part of a movement to protect perspective adoptive parents (who willingly take that leap of faith to adopt internationally) from people and agencies like AIP and Orson Mozes.

No comments: