Thursday, January 10, 2008

Criminal Investigation Update

This is the latest information out of California from the DA's office. It is a posting on the web site below.


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StopOrsonMozesAIP/members






Last week I finished organizing all of the evidence/questionnaires that have come back in. I have received 20 questionnaires back, most with accompanying emails and documents. There are at least another 10-15 families who have indicated they would be sending me the info but have not yet done so. I really need this information ASAP! I have information from 3 additional families that indicate they were very happy with AIP/Orson. (It appears that their adoptions were several years ago) I interviewed a past employee of Orson's this morning (she worked for him when he was Adoption Service Assoc, back in 1996-1998). I really would love any contact/locate information on his past employees "Maria" (Hispanic last name) or Jayne Howarth.

I have started preparing the very lengthy investigative summary ("police report" for lack of a better description). I hope to have that completed by the end of the month. I know this process seems endlessly slow, but I carry a full caseload of complex/lengthy investigations and am a supervisor, so there are always many issues vying for my attention!

I am fairly confident that my investigative summary will provide sufficient probable cause/proof for my Chief Asst DA to file felony charges against Orson and enable me to seek a felony arrest warrant against Orson so that I can look for him in earnest. (and utilize the various law enforcement tools that are available when one is seeking a felony fugitive)

Laura J. Cleaves
Supervising District Attorney Investigator
805-737-7885

No comments: